Keyword research is the act of searching, organizing, and analyzing user queries (searches) to create an SEO content strategy.
In fact, the analysis of keywords is the reason why SEO even exists in the first place.
By performing keyword research, you can easily:
- Assess demand for your content, products, or services
- Gain a deeper understanding of your target audience
- Discover “hidden” opportunities that you might have missed otherwise
One of the great things about SEO is that access to keyword data is more or less available to everyone...
...which means you can compete - even against massive publications or companies.
To run keyword research like a professional, all you really need to understand is:
- How popular each keyword is—to know how many people are searching for it.
- What the person typing the keyword is looking for—to understand what content you need to create.
- How much competition there is for each keyword—to discover how hard it will be to rank for it.
- Where does the keyword fits in your funnel—to create the best content to convert these visitors.
Most people go as far as step 1 and go on to create weak SEO strategies.
Don’t be like most people.